Saturday, February 3, 2018

Topic Research

Artemis- I've always been a fan of Artemis. I'd say she's probably my favorite Greek Goddess, with the possible exception of Persephone. I'd be interested in doing something along the lines of the story of Artemis and Iphigeneia. The version of the story I'd read before didn't include the part where Artemis intervened and made Iphingeneia  one of her immortal companions, which she apparently did pretty often and I think is a cool aspect of her character.
                                                   
                                                                   (Artemis)

Inanna- I'm not as familiar with Inanna/Ishtar as I am with Artemis, but I like the idea of doing something with such an ancient goddess. I really like the story of her descent into the underworld, because I'm a sucker for underworld myths. To be perfectly honest, I'm almost more intrigued by Asu-shu-namir than Inanna herself, and might focus the story on them rather than her. I mean, how cool is an ancient non-binary deity?
                                                         
                                                                           (Inanna)

Kali- I'm almost reluctant to include Kali since, unlike the other two goddesses I mentioned, she is still widely worshiped by people today. But I just think she's so cool, especially the story of her defeating Raktabija
                                                      
                                                                               (Kali)

No comments:

Post a Comment